Trains to Millennium Stadium
Rugby fans rejoice, the eighth Rugby World Cup is upon us! 8 weeks of glorious games at the best venues the UK has to offer. With the first match at the Millennium Stadium kicking off on Friday 19 September, we’ve gathered all the info you need to get to the Cardiff Venue by train.
The Millennium Stadium (also known as Principality Stadium) is a short walk from Cardiff Central.
London to Cardiff Trains
- Trains to Cardiff Central from London Paddington run every 30 minutes at weekends (2 hours journey time)
Nottingham to Cardiff Trains
- Trains to Cardiff Central from Nottingham via Birmingham and Cheltenham are operated by CrossCountry trains. (Journey time approximately 3 hours 40 mins)
Portsmouth to Cardiff Trains
- First Great Western operate trains from Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central via Bristol (Journey time approximately 3 hours 25 minutes)
Cardiff Central – trains from Wales
- Cardiff is very easy to get to from other parts of Wales.
- Arriva trains Wales operate services from Merthyr Tydfil, Penarth and Swansea
A queuing system is generally in operation at Cardiff Central Station after each event so please check the Arriva Trains website before travelling for further information. When arriving from Cardiff Central station passengers should bear left along Wood Street for Gates 5, 6 and 7 or bear right along Wood Street to Westgate Street for Gates 4, 3, 2 continuing around to Gate 1 on Castle Street.
Use the Trainline app to get up-to-date Live Departures for trains to Twickenham
Contributors: Chris Lomas